31 German golden rules for better, more sustainable business
I’m sure many of you agree with these rules and even use most of them today!
Audio: 31 Golden German Rules
Text: 31 Golden German Rules
- Respect your make and do not throw your goods on the street!
- Do not work beyond your strength!
- Respect talent and do not demand that it blindly submit to the purse.
- Treat your workers and employees as your fellow men!
- Pay your debts on time.
- Pay attention to the progress in the field of industry and put up a new flag from time to time!
- Keep an eye on the competition, but otherwise worry less about the business of others and go your own way!
- Be content with a modest profit, always look for solvent customers and sell only against cash if possible!
- When hiding your goods, look at the character of the buyer, his honesty and efficiency; respect and appreciate even the small, decent customers!
- Don’t let the desire to sell be noticed too much and don’t make yourself dependent on your customers!
- The best businessmen are those who keep their books and finances in order.
- Manufacture only solid goods!
- Do not go with the big pile!
- Take care of your reputation!
- Beware of accepting bills of exchange as much as possible and don’t give favorable giros!
- Keep your business hours strictly!
- Always have a piece of pencil or chalk in your pocket to be able to calculate immediately!
- Beware of useless expenses!
- Save in the youth, so you will not starve in the old age!
- Buy good material for your products!
- Do not let yourself be kicked by your customers!
- Take note of your customers, their characteristics and the articles they buy!
- Avoid slow payers and harassers!
- Insist more on your solidity than on your old company, otherwise younger forces will overtake you!
- Do not rush in your business zeal and let your competitors live too!
- In order not to go back, plant a young rice on the old trunk, i.e. pull young capable forces into your business, so that the old trunk does not dry up!
- Support the talents and you support the progress and yourself!
- Never lose heart, if now and then business stagnates; the world turns!
- Do not waste your time with useless things; the morning is the best time to work; avoid working until the night!
- If others weigh too lightly, then you weigh more heavily; always remain with the correct weight; if others measure too short, then give rather a piece and deliver correct measure!
- Do not dissipate your strength, either, and apply it predominantly to one goal, if you wish to persevere.
Time is money!